150 g whole wheat flour
25 g grated parmesan
75 g butter, diced
30 – 45 ml cold water
pinch of salt
450 g fresh spinach
50 g cheddar cheese, grated
150 ml evaporated milk
2 ½ ml nutmeg
salt & ground black pepper
extra parmesan cheese
1. Pastry: Sift flour with salt into a mixing bowl. Tip the bran in from the sieve.
2. Grease a 20cm glass quiche dish.
3. Add the butter & rub into flour.
4. Add grated parmesan cheese.
5. Using a round bladed knife, mix in enough water to make a firm dough.
6. Turn out dough onto a floured board & knead slightly.
7. Roll out & use to line the quiche dish.
8. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
9. Filling: Preheat oven to 190*C (375*F).
10. Wash the spinach well, discarding the stalks & tough leaves.
11. Chop finely & cook till just done in the microwave. (adding no water)
12. Place all other ingredients (except the parmesan) into a bowl.
13. Add the cooked spinach & mix until well blended.
14. Pour into chilled pastry case.
15. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
16. Bake quiche for 35 minutes or until firm & golden brown.
17. Remove from oven & leave until cool.
(Visited 67 times, 1 visits today)