500 g good beef mince
or 250 g each beef & pork mince
2 big dry bread rolls
water for soaking bread rolls
10 ml paprika
1 egg, beaten
1 large onion, finely chopped
salt & milled black pepper
oil for frying
1. Placed chopped onions in a glass bowl, cover with salt. Mix up.
2. Leave for about 1 hour, to allow the juices to develop.
3. Cover the rolls with water, allow then to soak for about 30 minutes.
4. Place the mince in a mixing bowl.
5. Squeeze out the excess water from rolls & add to the mince.
6. Add the onions, paprika, pepper & salt. Mix well.
7. Add the beaten egg. Mix well.
8. Roll the mince mixture into balls.
9. Shallow fry on both sides, in cooking oil.