- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups castor sugar
- 4 tsp maizena (cornflour)
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and then add castor sugar and beat again until stiff.
- Add maizena, vinegar and vanilla and mix again until well combined.
- Place wax paper on a baking tray and with a piping bag or with the back of a spoon, create a circular base of meringue mixture.
- Use a piping bag to then pipe dollops of meringue around the edges, effectively creating a “basket” or “barrier” so that the fruit and cream which you’ll put in later (when serving) doesn’t escape!
- Bake for about 1 hour at 150°C. Allow to cool.
- To serve, spread the top with cream and strawberries.
Bron en foto: http://justeasyrecipes.co.za
(Visited 100 times, 1 visits today)