By Jeanette Auret
2 cups almond flour
2 t coconut flour
½ t bicarbonate of soda 1 t baking powder
½ t Xanthan gum or guar gum
¼ cup Xylitol
1 ½ t aniseed
½ t salt
½ cup buttermilk
1. Heat oven to 180°C. Line and grease a small loaf pan.
2. Mix everything together.
3. Divide into 6 balls either rolling with oiled hands or use a spoon to scoop it in.
4. Bake for 35 minutes.
5. Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
6. Break apart and eat with butter.
7. Can also dry them out for rusks in a low oven 70-90°C for 3 hours. Leave in oven until cool and hard.