Baie dankie vir jou resep Poppie
800 g sweet potatoes
250 ml orange juice
grated peel of 1 orange
50 ml butter
25 ml honey
125 ml Jungle Oats
125 ml crushed Marie or Tennis biscuits
5 ml ground ginger
50 – 100 ml chopped pecan nuts
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
1. Boil sweet potatoes in salt water until soft.
Drain and allow to cool slightly.
2. Pull skins off and cut into slices.
3. Place sweet potato slices in an ovenproof pie dish.
4. Add orange juice and grated orange peel.
5. Melt butter and honey together.
6. Mix Jungle Oats, crushed biscuits, ginger and
pecan nuts with butter mixture.
7. Spoon mixture evenly over sweet potatoes.
8. Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
Serve as a side-dish