from Poppie Oosthuizen
250 ml cake flour
45 ml cocoa powder
5 ml baking powder
2 ml bicarbonate of soda
2 ml salt
2ml ground cinnamon
125 g butter
125 ml brown sugar
1 extra large egg
5ml vanilla essence
310 ml (1¼ cup) Jungle Cinnamon Oats
125 ml white chocolate chips
125 ml coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
4. Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon.
5. Mix in the Jungle Cinnamon Oats, chocolate chips and coconut.
6. Drop tablespoonfuls onto the greased baking sheet, leaving 4 cm between biscuits.
7. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until done. Allow biscuits to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes ± 25 biscuits, depending on size