from Poppie Oosthuizen
500 ml flour
15 ml baking powder
7,5 ml salt
250 ml Jungle Oats
5 ml sugar
500 ml milk
2 eggs, whisked
50 ml oil
oil for frying
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
Add Jungle Oats and sugar.
2. Mix milk, eggs and oil.
3. Blend flour and milk mixture into a smooth batter. Extra water can be added if the batter is too thick.
4. Allow batter to rest for 30 minutes.
5. Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and fry pancakes one at a time until golden on both sides.
6. Serve the pancakes with cinnamon sugar or any hot filling, e.g. creamed spinach or roasted butternut and feta.
Makes approximately 12 pancakes