250 g carrots, grated
60 ml sugar
30 g butter
150 ml cake flour
3 ml baking powder
3 ml bicarb of soda
10 ml ground cinnamon
5 ml ground ginger
3 ml ground nutmeg
60 ml sugar 1 extra large egg
320 ml ideal milk
60 g butter, melted
125 ml seedless raisins
pinch of salt
5 ml vanilla essence
Honey Brandy cream:
125 ml thick cream
10 ml honey
10 ml brandy
1. Place grated carrots, 60 ml sugar & 30 g butter (all * ingredients) into a small saucepan.
2. Cover & simmer, stirring occasionally, over low heat. Add extra water to prevent the carrots from burning.
3. Simmer mixture until the carrots are very soft. 30 – 40 minutes.
4. Allow mixture to cool.
5. Preheat oven to 180*C (350*F).
6. Grease a 1 litre casserole dish.
7. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & salt. Add the 60 ml sugar.
8. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg, vanilla essence & ideal milk.
9. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
10. Melt the 60 g butter, add to the batter mixture. Mix well.
11. Add the carrot mixture & raisins. Mix well.
12. Pour the batter into the greased casserole dish.
13. Bake for 1 hour or until golden & centre is springy to touch.
14. Sauce: Wisk the cream, till stiff.
15. Add the brandy & warmed honey, mix well.
16. Serve the honey cream sauce with the hot carrot pudding.
(Visited 107 times, 1 visits today)