(makes 2 very large & 4 loaf tins)
1 kg butter/marg
20 ml salt
25 ml baking powder
2 litres butter milk
6 eggs – beaten well
4,5 kg self-raising flour
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a VERY LARGE mixing bowl.
2. Melt the marg/butter.
3. In large bowl, mix the melted butter & buttermilk, mix well.
4. Add the BEATEN eggs. Mix well.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix well.
6. Use your hands if need be. If too sticky, add more self-raising flour.
7. Knead the dough until smooth & elastic but soft.
8. Pre-heat the oven to 180*C (350*F).
9. Grease all the baking tins well.
10. Roll mixture into balls., egg shaped & size.
11. Pack balls into the greased baking trays.
12. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until brown and cooked through.
13. Separate the baked rusks and dry in a cool oven over night until completely dry
(Visited 115 times, 1 visits today)