500 g flour
30 ml baking powder
80 g butter (dough)
40 g butter (melted)
100 g raisins/saltanas
150 ml milk
80 g brown sugar
15 ml cinnamon
pinch of salt
extra milk for brushing
60 ml honey
40 g butter
30 g brown sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 200*C (400*F).
2. Grease a 20cm cake tin.
3. Sieve the flour & baking powder.
4. Rub the 80 g of butter into flour, until mixture resemble crumbs.
5. Beat eggs, milk & add to dry ingredients.
6. Mix to form a fairly stiff dough, but soft.
7. Press dough into oblong shape, 20 cm X 50 cm on a floured board.
8. Melt the 40 g butter and brush dough liberally with it.
9. Mix the cinnamon & brown sugar, sprinkle over dough.
10. Sprinkle raisins/sultanas over the dough as well.
11. Roll up dough tightly (down longer side) & cut into 12 equal pieces.
12. Pack the pieces into the cake tin, brush with a little milk.
13. Bake for 20-25 minutes. In the centre of oven, until well risen.
14. Melt all glaze ingredients together.
15. When buns done, remove from the oven & brush hot buns with the glaze.
(Visited 1,108 times, 1 visits today)