250 ml sugar (2 halves)
2 ml salt
30 ml butter
500 ml pie cherries, drained & pitted
190 ml milk
250 ml cherry juice, add water if not enough
10 ml baking powder
250 ml cake flour
1. Preheat oven to 180*C (350*F).
2. Grease a 20 X 20 X 10 cm glass pie dish.
3. Cream the butter with 125 ml sugar.
4. Add the milk, baking powder, cake flour & salt. Stir until smooth.
5. Pour the batter into the greased pie dish.
6. Spread the pitted cherries over the batter evenly.
7. Sprinkle the cherries over the batter with the other 125 ml sugar.
8. Heat the cherry juice (DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL) & pour over the mixture, carefully.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. The crust will rise to the top, with the sauce & cherries at the bottom.
11. Best served warm with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
OTHER FORM OF ‘BERRIES’ CAN BE USED AS WELL
(Visited 92 times, 1 visits today)