225 g white sugar
225 g butter
275 g cake flour
5 ml baking powder
5 ml bicarb of soda
40 ml cocoa
5 ml vanilla essence
pinch of salt
225 g brown sugar
30 ml cocoa
600 ml boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 190*C (375*F).
2. Grease a glass ovenproof dish.
3. Batter: Cream together sugar & butter.
4. Beat the eggs into the creamed mixture, one at a time.
5. Add the vanilla essence, mix well.
6. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, bicarb & 40 ml cocoa.
7. Fold the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
8. Pour into greased casserole dish.
9. Sauce: Add the brown sugar & 30 ml cocoa powder to the 600 ml boiling water.
10. Stir water until the sugar & cocoa is totally dissolved.
11. Pour the sauce carefully over the batter.
12. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, till done.
13. Serve hot with thick cream or ice cream.
(Visited 107 times, 1 visits today)