1 – 2 packets fresh gherkins
black pepper corns
20 ml rock salt
½ water – ½ grape vinegar
large glass jars
1. Wash the gherkins & pack into the required jars.
2. Fill the jars with water, tip off & measure. ½ water & ½ grape vinegar.
3. Remove the fresh gherkins from the jars into a bowl.
4. Dry heat the glass jars in the oven.
5. Boil the measure water/vinegar & salt in the microwave.
6. Make sure the salt is dissolved.
7. When the liquid is about to boil, replace the gherkins in the hot jars.
8. Add black 5 ml peppercorns, 2 bay leaves & 5 ml dill seeds into each jar.
9. Pour some of the boiling liquid into each jar.
10. Seal & allow to cool down.
11. Store in a dark place.
12. Leave the gherkins for at least 1 week before eating. The gherkins will change in colour when they are ready.
(Visited 148 times, 1 visits today)