250 g marg
200 ml castor sugar
50 ml oil
15 ml vanilla essence
5 c cake flour
20 ml baking powder
pinch of salt
2 jars fruit mince meat
2 grated apples
50 ml brandy
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Cream marg & sugar until light & fluffy.
2. Add oil, eggs & vanilla essence, beat together well.
3. Sift the dry ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Knead to form a firm, soft dough.
5. Divide the dough into half.
6. The one half of the dough needs to be divided into smaller balls, (larger than an orange). Place these balls in a plastic bag & freeze for at least 1 hour.
7. Grease & paper a large rectangular baking tray.
8. The other half of the dough needs to be pressed into the base of the greased, papered baking tray. Used the back of a tablespoon to press the dough down firmly. Place into the fridge until ready to bake.
9. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180*C (350*F).
10. Grate the apples into a bowl.
11. Add the jars fruit mince meat & brandy, mix well.
12. Spread the fruit mixture over the dough base, evenly.
13. Grate the dough (balls from freezer) coarsely over the fruit mixture. Evenly & thickly.
14. Bake for 1 hour or until lightly browned.
Dust with icing sugar when baked.
(Visited 94 times, 1 visits today)