250 g marg
200 ml castor sugar
50 ml oil
15 ml vanilla essence
5 c cake flour
20 ml baking powder
pinch of salt
Apricot, cherry, plumb jam
1 extra c castor sugar
1. Cream marg & sugar until light & fluffy.
2. Add oil, eggs & vanilla essence, beat together well.
3. Sift the dry ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Knead to form a firm, soft dough.
5. Divide the dough into half.
6. The one half of the dough needs to be divided into smaller balls, (larger than an orange). Place these balls in a plastic bag & freeze for at least 1 hour.
7. Grease & paper a large rectangular baking tray.
8. The other half of the dough needs to be pressed into the base of the greased, papered baking tray. Used the back of a tablespoon to press the dough down firmly. Place into the fridge until ready to bake.
9. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180*C (350*F).
10. For jam, spread about 2-4 mm of jam onto the pressed dough.
11. Grate the dough (balls from freezer) coarsely over the jam. Evenly & thickly.
12. For the sugar crumbs, grate the dough in a bowl & add the extra cup of castor sugar. Mix well & sprinkle the sugar crumbs over the base (no jam).
Bake for 1 hour or until lightly browned. Switch the oven off & leave in the oven to cool. Dough must be really dry and baked
(Visited 88 times, 1 visits today)