250 g marg/butter
15 ml syrup
5 ml bicarb of soda
3 c rolled oats
1 c coconut
1 c flour
1 c whiter sugar
pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 200*C (400*F).
2. Grease a baking tin with sides at least 2 cm high.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine oats, flour, sugar, salt & coconut.
4. In a medium pot, melt the marg.
5. Add the syrup & mix.
6. Add the bicarb, the mixture will fizz up. Remove from stove.
7. Add the marg mixture to the oats mixture. Mix well.
8. Place mixture into the greased baking tin & flatten with the back of a metal spoon.
9. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Leave to cool and cut into squares while still hot.
11. Allow to cool completely before crunchies from tin.
(Visited 371 times, 1 visits today)