1 – 2 mango’s, sliced
1 chicken stock cube
100 g uncooked brown lentils
7 ml turmeric
100 g uncooked brown rice
70 ml apricot liquifruit
7 ml curry powder
100 ml seedless raisins
7 ml oil
½ c flaked almonds
15 ml chutney
salt to taste
7 ml ground coriander
1. Cook brown rice in water with crumbled stock cube till done. Drain & rinse with cold tap water.
2. Cook lentils in water with salt until just soft. Drain & rinse under cold tap.
3. Heat oil in small saucepan, add curry powder & turmeric.
4. Stir fry for about 2 minutes. DO NOT ALLOW TO BURN.
5. Add the apricot juice, raisins, chutney to saucepan & bring to the boil.
6. Reduce heat & simmers for 5 minutes. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
7. Mix the rice, lentils, coriander, flaked almonds in a large mixing bowl.
8. Add the curry sauce to bowl & mix well.
9. Season to taste. Refrigerate.
10. When ready to serve, garnish with sliced fresh mango.
11. Keeps in fridge for about 1 week.
(Visited 76 times, 1 visits today)