750 ml water
120 g coffee powder
1 ½ kg golden brown sugar
1 ½ litres cane spirit
100 ml dark rum
1. Wash & prepare 4 sealing bottles.
2. In a large pot, bring the water, sugar & coffee powder to the boil.
3. Turn down the heat & allow to simmer for about 40 –60 minutes. Mixture must be syrupy.
4. WATCH THAT THE MIXTURE DOES NOT BOIL OVER.
5. Remove the ‘light scum’ if it appears at the top of simmering mixture.
6. Leave to cool slightly.
7. Add the cane spirit & dark rum. Mix well.
8. Bottle & label.
9. Best left in cool dark place for about 2 weeks. Mixture will be come smoother.
(Visited 88 times, 1 visits today)