500 g white fish (cooked)
400 ml milk
2 slices whole wheat bread,
60 g butter
1 onion, chopped
25 g flaked almonds
50 g dried apricots, chopped up
25 g raisins
10 ml turmeric
10 ml curry powder
10 ml ground coriander
25 ml brown vinegar
25 ml lemon juice
3 bay leaves
2 eggs, beaten
salt & milled black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180*C (350*F).
2. Grease a ovenproof dish.
3. Flake the fish, place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Soak bread in the milk (without crusts).
5. Melt the butter in a frying pan, sauté onions till soft.
6. Add the curry & other spices, stir-fry a few minutes.
7. Add the onion mix to the flaked fish.
8. Add the almonds, chopped apricots, raisins, vinegar, lemon juice & seasoning (not bay leaves). Mix well.
9. Squeeze milk from bread, reserve milk.
10. Add the bread to the fish mixture, mix well.
11. Beat the eggs in the milk, season with salt & milled black pepper.
12. Spoon the fish mixture into the ovenproof dish, flatten with a metal spoon.
13. Pour the egg mixture over fish mixture.
14. Stick in the bay leaves.
15. Bake for 35 minutes.
16. Serve with yellow rice, chutney & sambals.
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)