1 chicken stock cube
800 g white fish, skin removed
600 ml milk
5 ml dill tips
40 g butter
50 ml cake flour
5 ml dry mustard powder
30 ml mayonnaise
70 g cheddar cheese, grated
30 ml fresh chives, chopped
250 g mushrooms, sliced
25 ml butter
30 ml milk
alt & milled black pepper
1. Grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Preheat oven to 200*C (400*F).
3. Poach fish in the milk, seasoned with the sock cube.
4. Remove the cooked fish, flake & set aside.
5. Drain the milk, adding more milk to make up 500 ml.
6. Wash & slice the mushrooms, stir fry in a little butter until cooked.
7. Add the chopped chives, stir fry a further few minutes.
8. Peel, cube & boil the potatoes.
9. Mash the cooked potatoes using the 25 g butter and 30 ml milk.
10. Season the mashed potatoes with salt & milled black pepper.
11. Make a white sauce with the 40 ml butter, cake flour and 500 ml reserves milk from poaching the fish.
12. Add the mustard powder, mayonnaise, dill tips, salt & pepper to the white sauce. Allow to simmer a few minutes.
13. Add the grated cheese, mushroom chives mixture, mix well.
14. Add the flaked fish, mix well.
15. Spoon fish mixture into the grease ovenproof dish.
16. Cover the fish mixture with the mashed potatoes.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown & dish is heated through.
(Visited 140 times, 1 visits today)