100 g coarsely grated carrots
100 g chopped celery
100 g coarsely grated parsnips
150 g finely chopped onions
4 cloves garlic, crushed
10 ml paprika
5 ml mustard powder
3 bay leaves
45 ml tomato paste
10 ml sugar
15 ml lemon juice
salt & milled black pepper
800 g white fish
5 ml thyme
5 ml fish salt
5 ml dill tips
Black milled pepper
about 200 ml water
1. Fish: Make sure there is no skin on the fish, rinse the fish & place in a large saucepan with a lid.
2. Mix the fish spices with the water & pour over the fish in saucepan.
3. Poach the fish for about 5 minutes, just done.
4. Switch off heat, cover with lid & allow to cool.
5. Sauce: In a little oil, stir-fry the onions & garlic until soft & transparent.
6. Add the paprika, stir-fry.
7. Add the celery, stir fry for 5 minutes.
8. Add the carrots & parsnips, stir fry for 5 minutes.
9. Add a little water, mustard powder, pepper, lemon juice, tomato paste, sugar & bay leaves.
10. Allow mixture to simmer for 15 minutes. Until the carrots etc are soft.
11. Add salt & milled pepper to taste.
12. Add the fish, stir the fish through. Allow mixture to cook for 5 minutes.
13. Fish will break up into pieces.
14. Serve hot or cold.
(Visited 82 times, 1 visits today)