100 g butter/marg
100 g sugar
200 ml honey
10 ml cinnamon
2 ½ ml ground cloves
3 ½ ml bicarb of soda
2 ½ ml nutmeg
pinch of salt
400 g cake flour
instant icing & decorative balls
1. Heat butter, sugar & honey in a large saucepan. Keep stirring until sugar is dissolved. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
2. Remove from heat & add spices, bicarb & salt, allow to cool.
3. Pre-heat oven to 180*C (350*F)
4. Grease the baking trays
5. Put the flour into a large bowl.
6. Add the cooled mixture to the flour, mix & knead until smooth.
7. Divide dough into 3 to 4 equal sized balls.
8. Roll each ball (one at a time) out as thinly as possible on a floured board.
9. Using pretty shaped dough cutters, cut dough into biscuits,
10. Place biscuits on a greased baking tray
11. Bake for 10 minutes.
12. Remove from baking tray & allow biscuits to cool on wire rack.
13. Before biscuits have cooled completely, if required, make a hole in each biscuit (for a ribbon or string) with a toothpick or kebab
14. Decorate with instant icing & decorative balls.
15. Store in airtight container.
(Visited 117 times, 1 visits today)