250 g butter/marg
10 ml vanilla essence
1 c white sugar
15 ml baking powder
pinch of salt
4 c flour
1 – 2 c sesame seeds
1. Pre-heat oven to 180*C (350*F)
2. Grease the baking trays.
3. Sieve flour, salt & baking powder.
4. Cream butter & sugar till white & fluffy (the more the better)
5. Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
6. Add the vanilla essence, mix well.
7. Add flour mixture, bit by bit, mixing well.
8. The dough must be soft & not sticky when rolled in your hands, also not too stiff.
9. Roll bits of dough into long sausages, about the thickness of a finger.
10. Place the sesame seeds into a shallow dish.
11. Shape dough into required shape & cover in sesame seeds.
12. Place on greased baking tray, allowing room for spreading.
13. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until lightly browned.,
(Visited 115 times, 1 visits today)