500 g potatoes
1 litre chicken stock (3 stock cubes)
500 g leeks
250 ml milk
salt & milled black pepper
25 g butter
fresh chives & parsley
1. Trim the leeks & wash VERY well.
2. Cut the leeks in half, length wise & slice finely.
3. Peel & cube the potatoes.
4. In a deep saucepan, melt the butter.
5. Add the sliced leeks & cube potatoes & sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Add the stock & allow mixture to simmer until all the vegetables are tender.
7. Remove the saucepan from the heat & allow to cool slightly.
8. Blend the soup with a hand blender until the mixture is smooth.
9. Season the soup with salt & milled black pepper.
10. Stir in the milk.
11. Return to the heat, but do not allow to boil.
12. Serve hot garnished with the chopped fresh herbs.
(Visited 79 times, 1 visits today)