8 pieces of chicken, skinned
5 ml turmeric
10 ml ground cumin
10 ml mustard powder
15 ml curry powder
60 ml chutney
5 ml ground ginger
150 ml white wine
100 ml apricot or orange juice
500 ml plain yoghurt
salt & milled black pepper
15 ml corn flour
a little milk.
1. Arrange chicken pieces in an oven to table dish.
2. Mix all ingredients (except corn four) together thoroughly.
3. Pour over the chicken pieces & allow to marinate in the fridge for a few hours. Overnight is better.
4. Preheat oven to 160*C (325*F).
5. Cover the ovenproof dish with aluminium foil.
6. Bake for 35 minutes.
7. Uncover the dish and bake for a further 30 minutes.
8. Mix the corn flour in a little milk.
9. Remove dish from oven & stir in the corn flour mixture.
10. Bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes until the sauce thickens & chicken is tender.
(Visited 93 times, 1 visits today)