2 packets finely crushed
250 g butter (not marg!)
125 ml sugar
500 g seedless raisins
125 ml brandy or orange juice
500 g chopped dates
30 ml cocoa
250 ml chopped nuts
15 ml vanilla essence
250 ml chopped glazed cherries
3 eggs, beaten well
1. Beat the eggs well in a bowl.
2. Melt the butter & sugar in a large saucepan. Stir till sugar is dissolved. Do not allow to boil.
3. Add the chopped dates to the saucepan, stir well.
4. Add the cocoa & vanilla essence to the saucepan, stir well.
5. Add the beaten egg to the saucepan.
6. Stir until the mixture thickens.
7. Remove from heat & add the other fruit, biscuit crumbs, nuts & brandy/orange juice.
8. Put into a suitable glass dish, pressing down well with back of table spoon.
Refrigerate for 24 hours, then cut up into squares
(Visited 117 times, 1 visits today)