500 g potatoes (about 4)
50 g butter
10 ml coriander seeds, (slightly crushed)
5 ml turmeric
4 – 5 leeks (green parts too)
1 green pepper
250 g mushrooms
salt to taste
10 ml ground coriander
milled back pepper
1. Cooked washed potatoes in boiling water in their jackets until just done.
2. Allow potatoes to cool & then dice, skin & all.
3. Wash the leeks, WELL & slice.
4. Wash & slice the mushrooms
5. De-seed the green pepper and chop into small pieces.
6. Heat butter & oil in a large pot.
7. Add the slightly crushed coriander seeds, stir fry till they start sizzling & the aroma starts to rise.
8. Stir in the turmeric & sliced leeks.
9. Allow to cook gently, stirring occasionally until leeks are slightly limp.
10. Add the chopped green pepper & mushrooms, cover & sweat until vegetables are tender.
11. Add the diced potatoes, season with salt & pepper & ground coriander.
12. Allow to cook for a few minutes, stirring gently.
13. The vegetables will mingle with each other, getting nicely brown & slightly mushy!!
14. Taste improves when dish is made day before. Reheat in microwave when ready to serv
(Visited 83 times, 1 visits today)