1,5 kg very ripe tomatoes
500 g onions, chopped
500 g seedless raisins
625 ml wine vinegar
500 g saltanas
15 ml curry powder]
15 ml corn flour
3 ml cayenne pepper
15 ml dry mustard
15 ml slat
milled black pepper
1. Peel & chop the tomatoes.
2. Drain off 200 ml liquid from the chopped tomatoes.
3. Place the chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, raisins, saltanas & vinegar in a large saucepan.
4. Bring to the boil & simmer uncovered until the mixture starts to thicken, about 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
5. If ‘scum’ appears at the top of the mixture, remove.
6. Remove pot from heat, & blend with a hand held blender until fairly smooth.
7. Add the reserve tomato juice to the blended relish, mix.
8. Place the saucepan back on the stove & bring to the boil again.
9. Allow to simmer 10 minutes.
10. Dry heat the clean glass jars.
11. Bottle the relish into the warmed jars.
12. Seal, only once the relish has cooled.
13. Keep in dark cupboard. Can be kept for many weeks. Once jar has been opened, store in the fridge.
(Visited 86 times, 1 visits today)