2 c grated cheddar cheese
45 ml milk
30 ml soft bread crumbs
10 ml cake flour
2 ml dry mustard powder
5 slices bread, lightly toasted
few drops worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 200*C (400*F)>
- Combine cheese & milk in a small heavy saucepan.
- Sir over low heat until cheese just melts, do not allow to boil.
- Add breadcrumbs, flour & mustard.
- Stir for about 3 minutes until well blended & spoon makes clean path when drawn. Across bottom of pan.
- Remove from heat & whisk in worcestershire sauce & egg.
- Season to taste.
- Lightly butter cooled toasted bread.
- Spread the mixture generously over the buttered toast.
- Arrange bread, touching each other, on a baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes until puffy.
- Or grill under grill.
(Visited 99 times, 1 visits today)