30 ml olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, sliced into thin coins
1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
2 zucchini, cut into cubes
2 small yellow squashes, cut into cubes
1 kg crushed canned tomatoes
1 kg canned dark red kidney
500 g frozen corn
beans, drained & rinsed
200 g tomato paste
4-5 green chillies, chopped
15 ml chilli powder
15 ml ground cumin
30 ml sugar
7 ml salt
3 ml pepper
Grated cheddar cheese,
250 g dried Soya mince
sour cream, for garnish
1. Prepare the Soya mince as directed on packet.
2. In a heavy pot over medium heat, heat oil.
3. Add the carrots, onions & bell peppers and stir-fry for 8 minutes.
4. Add the cubed zucchini & yellow squashes, stir-fry for 8 minutes.
5. Vegetables must be tender.
6. Add the remaining ingredients, except garnish, combine well.
7. Bring to the boil & allow to simmer gently for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream & grated cheddar cheese
(Visited 67 times, 1 visits today)