25 ml butter
2-3 bunches spring onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
10 ml mustard seeds
5 ml ground cumin
5 ml curry powder
5 ml whole cumin seeds
5 ml turmeric
500 g green beans
200 ml coconut
1 large onion, finely chopped salt & pepper to taste
1. Top & tail green beans, & cut into 2 cm pieces.
2. Lightly cook beans in salted water, till just cooked.
3. Drain the cooked green beans & refresh under cold tap.
4. Heat the butter in large frying pan, and sauté the onions till soft.
5. Add the chopped spring onions, sauté.
6. Add the crushed garlic, sauté.
7. Add the mustard seeds, cumin (ground & seeds), curry powder, turmeric & salt. Sauté for 2 minutes.
8. Add the cooked green beans & coconut & sauté for a further few minutes.
9. Serve hot or cold.
Note: instead of green beans one can use cauliflower broken into small florets.
(Visited 115 times, 1 visits today)