3 onions, chopped
20 ml grated fresh ginger
45 ml olive oil
8 cloves garlic, crushed
5 ml curry powder
8 ripe fresh tomatoes, skinned & chopped
4 fresh lemon leaves (or bay leaves)
2 large carrots, finely garted
270 g uncooked lentils
Worcester sauce to taste
2 extra large eggs beaten in
salt & milled pepper to taste
1 c milk
1. Boil lentils in water & salt until just soft. Drain & refresh under cold.
2. Skin & chop tomatoes, set aside.
3. Finely grate carrots, set aside.
4. Sauté onions in the oil until translucent.
5. Add the crushed garlic, curry powder & lemon leaves, sauté.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes & grated carrots, sauté for 4 minutes.
7. Add grated fresh ginger, sauté.
8. Season to taste with salt & milled pepper.
9. Simmer, covered until tomatoes & carrots soften.
10. Pre-heat oven to 180*C (350*F).
11. Grease a large glass casserole dish.
12. Remove lid from frying pan & reduce the liquid until almost all evaporated.
13. Mixed the cooked lentil & tomato mixture and place in the greased casserole dish.
14. Beat the eggs & milk.
15. Add enough, salt, milled pepper & woerster sauce to egg mixture to make a well seasoned mixture.
16. Pour over the casserole.
17. Bake for 45 – 60 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
18. Serve on lightly buttered noodles & accompanied by a leafy green salad.
(Visited 96 times, 1 visits today)