150 ml dry white wine
50 ml lemon juice
50 ml oil
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
20 ml fresh Rosemary
10 ml fresh oregano
50 ml salt
10 ml grated lemon rind
20 ml ground coriander
milled black pepper
1 leg of lamb
1. Soak Ramertopf for at least 30 minutes in water. (base & lid)
2. Score the fat on the leg of lamb, making criss-cross cuts (forming diamond pattern)
3. Season with salt & pepper, place fat side uttermost in the SOAKED ramertopf.
4. Place ramertopf with lid in the oven at 160*C (326*F).
DO NOT PREHEAT THE OVEN.
5. Roast for about 3 hours.
6. Combine all the ingredients for the basting mixture.
7. Baste the meat every 15 minutes. With the mixture.
8. The meat is done when a knife is inserted in the meat & no juice runs out.