250 g cake flour
250 g rolled oats
185 g brown sugar125 g marg/butter n
45 ml syrup5 ml mixed spice
5 ml cinnamon5 ml ground ginger
pinch of salt10 ml bicarb of soda
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190*C (375*F).
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Grease the baking sheets.
4. Cream the marg & sugar.
5. Add the egg, mix well.
6. Mix in the syrup, mix well.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, mix.
8. The dough should be stiff.
9. Roll the dough out on a floured board.
10. Using cookie cutter, cut out various shapes.
11. Place shapes, well apart on the baking trays, allowing room for spreading.
12. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
13. Allow biscuits to cool on a wire rack.