big square tin 27 X 34cm
300 g marg/butter 100 ml cocoa (6 T)
375 ml water 10 ml strong coffee powder
4 c flour 2 ½ c sugar
2 eggs 1 c buttermilk
10 ml cinnamon 15 ml vanilla essence
7 ½ ml bicarb of soda 5 ml salt
150 ml milk 120 g butter
150 ml sugar 75 ml cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 180*C (350*F).
2. Grease a large square baking tin, paper base & sides with baking paper.
3. In a medium pot boil together, butter, cocoa, water & coffee powder. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon & sugar.
5. Add the pot mixture to the flour mixture, mix well.
6. Beat the eggs, buttermilk & vanilla essence.
7. Add the bicarb to the egg mixture, mix well.
8. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Mix well.
9. Pour cake mixture into the greased, papered baking tray.
10. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, till cake done.
11. Just before the cake is done, boil all the icing ingredients together for about 10 minutes, soft ball stage.
12. Pour the icing mixture over the hot cake.
13. Allow cake to cool & then cut up into squares.
(Visited 167 times, 1 visits today)