60 ml olive oil
30 ml butter
4 large carrots, peeled, sliced into 5 mm half moons
1 large turnip, peeled, sliced into 5 mm fans
2 medium onions, chopped
2 leeks, well washed & sliced
1 small bunch soup celery, chopped
2 potatoes, peeled & sliced
6 ripe tomatoes, peeled & chopped
410 g canned butter beans, drained
3 bay leaves
6 sprigs lemon thyme
6 cloves garlic, crushed
10 ml salt
milled black pepper
1 litre cold water
125 ml lentils (cleaned, not cooked)
2 additions cloves garlic, finely chopped
finely grated peel of 1 lemon
60 ml fresh chopped parsley
1. Prepare all the vegetables as stated in ingredients list.
2. Heat olive oil & butter in a large heavy-based saucepan, until butter foams.
3. Add the carrots, turnips, onions, leeks, celery & potatoes to the saucepan.
4. Stir-fry the veggies until they become translucent & start to soften. About 10 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, butter beans, bay leaves, lemon thyme & crushed garlic to the veggies in the saucepan.
6. Season with the salt & milled black pepper.
7. Add the 1 litre cold water to the saucepan & bring to the boil.
8. Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan & allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Add the lentil to the soup, cover & allow the soup to simmer for 30 minutes.
10. Remove from the stove, season further if necessary.
11. Add the finely copped parsley, extra chopped garlic & grated lemon rind which will add a glorious flavour.
12. Serve hot in heated bowls.
(Visited 115 times, 1 visits today)