This Recipe comes from Pick & Pay
Nothing beats a potjie – except when the cooking time outlasts hungry guests. Succulent with a delicious smack of the sea, this one cooks in minutes!
1 knob PnP butter
1 glug PnP Finest extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cloves granulated garlic, finely chopped
1 kilogram black mussels, cleaned and beards removed
500 grams prawns, deveined
500 grams firm white fish fillets, cut into chunks
125 ml no name dry white wine
250 ml PnP cream
125 ml chopped parsley
1 pinch salt and milled pepper
4 cups steamed white rice, or crusty bread, for serving
· Heat butter and a glug of oil in a potjie over medium coals.
· Fry onion until soft, add garlic and fry for another minute.
· Toss in mussels, prawns and fish and pour over wine.
· Bring to the boil and cook covered for 6-8 minutes or until mussels have opened (discard unopened ones) and prawns and fish are just cooked.
· Add cream and parsley and gently stir to combine.
· Season and serve immediately with rice or bread.
(Visited 480 times, 1 visits today)