Makes about 2 dozen
125 g butter
40 ml taystee wheat
100 ml sugar
2 ml baking powder
10 ml vanilla essence
310 g cake flour
15 blanched almonds, halved
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan, allow it to cool slightly.
2. Pour off the glee into a mixing bowl, leaving the residue behind. Allow glee to cool.
3. Grease the baking trays.
4. Add the sugar & vanilla essence. Cream till light & fluffy.
5. Sift the flour, taystee wheat & baking powder.
6. Add the flour mixture into the glee mixture, mix well.
7. Roll dough into small balls & place on the greased baking trays.
8. Press a ½ an almond firmly into each ball.
9. Refrigerate balls for 30 minutes.
10. Pre-heat oven to 150*C (300*F).
11. Bake for 15-20 minutes, allow to cool slightly before removing from trays.