1 tbsp PnP cooking oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp ready made green curry paste, (Thai)
1 cup chicken stock, or vegetable stock
500 grams PnP potjie, chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 cans coconut milk
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice , or lime juice
3 ml sugar syrup
70 grams mange tout
1 bunch coriander or basil leaves, to serve
1 medium chilli, chopped, to serve
· Heat oil in a heavy-based pot, add onion and curry paste and cook for about a minute.
· Add stock and bring to the boil. Toss in vegetables (except mangetout) and cook for 10-15 minutes until just tender.
· Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, lemon juice and sugar
· Simmer until vegetables are cooked through
· Toss in mangetout and cook for another 2 minutes
· Garnish with coriander and chopped chilli
· Serve with noodles or ready-cooked rice from the convenience section at Pick n Pay.
More good ideas
· Add beef or chicken strips to curry
· For a glamorous touch, replace potjie mix with diced butternut and prawn tails
(Visited 116 times, 1 visits today)