Preparation time: 25
Cooking time: 20
3 kg fresh broad beans (about 1,5kg once shelled)
45 ml olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 carrots, finely chopped
3 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 leeks, white parts only, chopped
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
125 g rindless bacon, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 ml salt andfreshly ground black pepper, to taste
500 ml home-made chicken stock
100 ml olive oil (for garnish)
100 g Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
1. Shell and skin the broad beans. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, carrots, celery and leeks until soft and shiny.
2. Add the potatoes, bacon and garlic and stir-fry for another minute or twobefore adding the broad beans. Stir-fry the beans until they arecovered with vegetables and oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Add just enough chicken stock tocover the vegetables. Bring to the boil and simmer thevegetables for about 20 minutes or until the beans are soft. Add more stock if necessary.
4. Pour half the soup into a foodprocessor and process to form a thick purée before returning it to the remaining soup in thesaucepan. Add more chicken stock if thesoup is too thick.
5. Place the soup in bowls, drizzle olive oil over each one and, finally, garnish with Parmesan cheese.
(Visited 77 times, 1 visits today)