• 2 large pineapples, peeled and sliced
into 1 cm thick slices
• 125 ml (½ cup) sugar
• 125 g (½ cup) butter
• 125 ml (½ cup) pecan or walnuts
• 1 litre Ultra Mel Vanilla Custard, heated
Melt the butter and sugar over low heat until the
sugar had dissolved and the mixture becomes
golden brown and syrupy. Add the pineapple
slices and pecan or walnuts and spoon the syrup
over. Cook together for 4 minutes. Spoon slices
and syrup onto 6 individual serving plates and top
generously with heated Ultra Mel Vanilla Custard.
• Ultra Mel can be served hot or cold. If preferred
hot, heat gently over low to medium heat.
• Make pineapple slices a day in advance and
keep refrigerated but heat just before serving.
• If fresh pineapple is not available use canned
pineapple. Drain before adding to sugar syrup.