Luk. 12:58 – 59. “58. As you are going with your adversary to the magistrate, try hard to be reconciled to him on the way, or he may drag you off to the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison.59. I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.””
- By sin we have made God our adversary.
- There is only one way to reconcile with God and that is through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.
- While we are alive we are still “on the way”, we still have time to reconcile with God.
- Wise men will not let their quarrels go to an extremity, but accommodate them in time.
- When it comes to our souls we have to do the same.
- If we die it’s too late to reconcile with God, we will face the full judgment and we shall be cast into the prison of hell.
Heavenly Father I come to You in the name of Your Son Jesus Christ. I confess that I am a lost sinner. God save and deliver me by Your grace. Against You, You only, have I sinned and done what is evil in Your sight, so that You are proved right when you speak, and justified when You judge. Wash me in the Blood of Your Son Jesus Christ, and cleanse me from all unrighteousness and sin. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, and I believe with all my heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross and that You, Father, raised Him from the dead. I accept Jesus Christ as my personal Savior and Redeemer. I now crown Him Lord and King of my heart. God create in me a pure hart, and a renewed steadfast spirit. Amen
In Christ united through Love.