(NIV)Mar 4:13 – 20. “13. Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14. The farmer sows the word. 15. Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. 16.Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 17. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 18. Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19.but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. 20.Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop-thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown.””
- Are you like the seed that is sowed on the soil on the side of the path – you listen to the Word of God, but 15 minutes after the sermon is finished you have already forgotten the sermon heading, scripture reading and scripture notes.
- Are you like the seed that is sowed on the rocky soil – after two or three days the excitement and joy that filled you after hearing and receiving the Word of God disappears.
- Are you like the seed that is sowed on soil that is infested with thorns – you become so caught up in the worries of live and the desire to obtain earthly wealth that the Word of God bares no fruit in you.
- Are you like the the seed that is sowed on good soil – you hear and receive the Word of God, and with a sincere and everlasting passion you strive to fulfill your calling and to truthfully minister the Word of God onto the world.
- At this very moment you need to take a honest and sincere inward look at yourself, where would you place yourself in this parable?
- Human nature want you to say that you are a seed that is planted in good soil, that you accept the Word of God with joy and excitement, that you passionately strive to fulfill your calling and to truthfully minister the Word of God onto the world, but in all honesty you might find and realize that it is not the actual situation.
Heavenly Father I come to You in the name of Your Son Jesus Christ. Lord I am filled with silence, for such a long time I have been under the impression that I am a seed that is planted in good soil, that I was fruitful in my pursuit to fulfill my calling. Lord today You have opened my eyes my own inequities. Lord please forgive me for being so self-righteous and arrogant. Lord I ask that You will renew the excitement and joy that I once had in pursuit of fulfilling my calling. I pray for a renewed fire within my spirit. Amen
In Christ united through Love.
Cell phone: +27 82 887 0925
* Please feel free to contact us at the above contact detail should you have any questions, problems or prayer requests.
Col 3:14. “And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.”
Rom 12:9 – 10. “9. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
* If you wish not to receive this email in future, please reply to this e-mail with the words “Unsubscribe ” in the subject line.
(Visited 65 times, 1 visits today)