Chicken stuffed with goats cheese and bacon with lemony green beans and toasted almonds
Serves 2 | Preparation time 5 minutes | Cooking time 15 minutes
75g cubed bacon
2 chicken breasts (with or without skin is up to you)
75g goats cheese, at room temperature
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
100g green beans, trimmed on both ends
Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
Small handful almonds (raw or roasted), roughly chopped
1. Fry the bacon until lightly golden, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on some kitchen paper.
2. Season the chicken breasts with a little salt and black pepper on both sides and then slice them open down the middle of one side, leaving the other side still attached, and flip open like a book.
3. Mix together the bacon and goats cheese with a fork, adding in a little extra black pepper but no salt, the goats cheese is salty enough.
4. Fill each breast with the filling, then close gently. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and fry the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until a golden crust has formed and the meat has cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest.
5. Meanwhile, cook the green beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, remove and refresh under cool water so that they keep their bright green colour. Drizzle with a little lemon juice, add the lemon zest and almonds and serve immediately with the chicken.