Luk. 9:52 – 56. “52. And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. 53. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. 54. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 55. But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.”
- In fulfilling Gods calling on your life and the truthful ministering of God’s Word onto the world you will find people who will reject Jesus Christ and the Salvation that is in and through Jesus Christ.
- Don’t call for fire from heaven to fall upon and destroy these people just because they aren’t willing to accept Jesus Christ.
- You have to love your enemies, bless them that curse you and to call for grace from heaven, not fire from heaven, upon them? (Mat 5:44; Luk. 6:28)
- God has called you to minister His Word with love, liberty and grace, proclaiming peace on earth and good will towards all men.
- Jesus Christ didn’t command you to destroy the lives of men but to save them (Mat 28:19).
- a Spirit of prejudice and persecution is directly contrary to the spirit of Christ and Christianity.
Heavenly Father I come to You in the name of Your Son Jesus Christ. Lord on more than one occasion I came across, and had to deal with people who rejected Your Salvation, love and grace. Lord sometimes their behaviour angered me so profusely that I have in my mind conceived thoughts of destruction against this people. Lord please forgive me for being so naïve and arrogant. Lord thank you for reminding me that You didn’t come kill and destroy, but that You came to save the lost. Lord I pray that you will fill me with Your love and peace. Lord please keep me focused on Your calling on my life, a calling to save the lost and not to destroy the lives of the lost. Amen
In Christ united through Love.
Cellphone: +27 82 887 0925
* Please feel free to contact us at the above contact detail should you have any questions, problems or prayer requests.
Col 3:14. “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Rom 12:9 – 10. “9. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
* If you wish not to receive this email in future, please reply to this e-mail with the words “Unsubscribe ” in the subject line.
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)