4 Weet-Bix, crushed
160ml Rolled oats
190ml Wholemeal flour
100g Brown sugar
80ml Dark choc chips
160ml Dried apricots, diced
25ml Golden syrup
5ml Bicarbonate of soda
60ml Boiling water
1. Mix together Weet-Bix, rolled oats, flour, sugar, choc bits and apricots until well combined.
2. Place margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted.
3. Mix bicarbonate of soda and water together then pour into margarine mixture. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Place tablespoons of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper. Bake at 160ºC for 15-20 minutes. Cool on trays before serving.
5. For a chewy biscuit, bake only for 15 minutes, if you bake it for 20 minutes you get a crispy cookie.