125g (½ cup) butter or brick margarine
100g (½ cup) Huletts White Sugar
2 egg yolks, beaten
125ml (½ cup) rice crispies
125ml (½ cup) coconut
5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla essence
1 x 200g packet nutty or crunchy biscuits of your choice
1. Melt the butter or margarine in a medium sized saucepan, and melt over low heat.
2. Add the sugar.
3. Carefully separate the eggs. Add the egg yolks to the melted butter and sugar. Keep the egg whites to use in another recipe.
4. Crush the biscuits by placing in a plastic bag and rolling with a rolling pin.
5. Add the crushed biscuits to the pan then stir in the rice crispies, coconut and vanilla essence.
6. When all the ingredients are well mixed, spoon into a greased swill roll tin. Press the mixture down well and leave until firm.
Cut into triangles (or squares) to serve. May be drizzled with white chocolate or glacé icing if desired.