2 cup rice,
1 small onion,
3-4 green chillies,
1 teaspoon lemon juice,
2-3 teaspoon sugar,
salt to taste,
1 tbspoon oil,
2 teaspoon mustard seeds,
1 teaspoon asafoetida (Garlic),
2 teaspoon turmeric powder,
coconut and coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Soak rice in water. Drain water and keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Now rub some salt, sugar and lemon juice to it.
3. Chop green chillies, onion and potatoes.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add asafoetida (Garlic), turmeric powder, onion pieces, potato pieces and green chillies.
5. When potatoes turn tender, add pohe (Rice) and stir.
6. Cover and cook for sometime. Remove the lid, stir and again allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
7. Garnish with coconut and coriander leaves. Serve hot.