500ml cake flour
15ml baking powder
80ml Clover Mooi River Salted Butter
1 ex-large egg plus Clover Full Cream fresh milk to equal 175ml
250ml water oil for frying
Makes: 18 vetkoek depending on size
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. Rub butter into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
3. Mix egg, milk and water
4. Use a wooden spoon to mix in liquid, mixing until smooth
5. Drop spoonfuls of batter into heated oil and fry until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper.
6. Break vetkoek in half and serve with butter and jam, syrup or honey or serve savoury vetkoek with cheese or savoury mince.