Specially for those who are allergic to seafood.
- 800g Chicken pieces – I take each piece and cleave it into two pieces
- 2 Chorizo sausages – sliced (+-250g)
- 2T Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves – grated
- 1t Black pepper
- 1t Salt
- 50ml Olive Oil
- 50 ml Nagmaalwyn (Sherry)
- Other Ingredients
- 2T Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves – sliced thinly
- 1 Red pepper – cut into blocks
- 1 Handful of fresh origanum (or replace with ½t dried origanum)
- 5 Sprigs of fresh thyme (I use the whole sprigs)
- 1t Smoked paprika (I did not have smoked paprika so I used normal paprika and added 6 drops of liquid smoke to my stock)
- 1 Big pinch of saffron – soaked in a little bit of water
- 50ml Nagmaalwyn
- 500g Paella rice
- 1.75L Chicken stock
- Marinade – Mix all the marinade ingredients together and marinade the chicken for about ½ hour.
- Fry the chicken with the chorizo on medium to high heat until nice and brown.
- Take out of the pan and add all the rest of the ingredients except the Nagmaalwyn, rice and stock.
- Fry for about 5 minutes and then add the Nagmaalwyn to deglaze the pan. Scrape all the beautiful fried pieces from the bottom of the pan.
- Then pack the pieces of chicken in the pan – so they are spread evenly and add the sliced chorizo.
- Now add ½ of the stock to the pan and then the rice. Make sure all the rice is submerged in the stock.
- At this stage you don’t fiddle with the paella – don’t touch it with a spoon, ladle or anything. Cook over medium heat. When the paella looks dry add the rest of the stock and cook till done – about 40 minutes.
- Pour yourself a glass of good wine, rope in a few hungry friends and enjoy the flavours and the moment.
(Visited 277 times, 1 visits today)